Monday, June 3, 2013

Our weekend with Bella, 4 month old Chocolate Lab Pup via DogVacay



Having just been accepted as a Host for DogVacay on May 31st, it was only 1 day later that I received the request for last-minute dog boarding beginning Friday night. I was surprised to receive notification so soon but also excited. It didn't take long for Bella's Pet Parent and I to communicate via email then phone and to get the reservation booked. Within a couple hours, we opened our door to sweet little Bella and her Pet Parents. As soon as I saw her, my heart melted and I knew we were going to have a fun weekend!

Please enjoy the photos and videos of our outrageously fun-filled weekend with Bella!


As soon as Bella entered the door, Bailey ran to greet her and they began playing. It was just what this 6 yr old, somewhat mellow beagle needed!


It didn't take them long to become friends!



Besides being fabulously energetic and playful, one thing was clear when she was inside: Bella ALWAYS wanted to be in physical contact with me, whether chewing a rawhide or toy or sleeping. Do you think I minded? :) Not one bit!










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We encourage our pet parents to bring their dog's favorite chews or toys so they can feel as much at home as possible. One of Bella's favorite toys seemed to be this squeeky cow!


But our guests are also welcome to play with Bailey's toys, which he gives permission to share :)
This 16 squeaker serpent seems to be a favorite with all the dogs













~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 This is VERY cute! We have a treat ball in which I insert the dog's kibble and then watch them figure out how to roll it, then chase it to have it dispense their food. They all seem to enjoy it!





There's practically nowhere the dogs won't go to get to that ball! 


Bella is moving so fast!



I highly recommend this for dogs that wolf down their food very fast; to the point of almost choking on the dry kibble. It turns a 20 second meal into a 5 minute chase!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most dogs that stay with us really enjoy playing with and crunching on ice cubes and of course, we keep our water bowls topped up with ice to keep the water cool.
Well, as you'll see, Bella REALLY had a blast with the ice bowl and the cubes.
But I too had a blast watching her!








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since the floor had now become quite slick & wet, it was the best time to then mop.
I quickly discovered I had some help! :)






If it hadn't been so counter-productive, I would have permitted her to continue.
I then speedily, with a pup chasing me, mopped the remainder of the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being a 'Retriever', Bella was an exuberant natural at playing chase & fetch
















Does it look like this puppy is having fun???




Puppies play & rest, play & rest









Even a beach ball attracted her attention...


Bella really enjoyed her chewing times. After all, she has puppy teeth.









And she enjoyed some tug-of-war with Mr. Bob


Would this smile convince YOU that this little girl had a great time at Pawzitive FX on Dog Vacay?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As a Pet Photographer, I enjoy capturing the essence of each pet.
Do you think these ones do?


What's your favorite chocolate?


If interested in a pet photography shoot or to have one of your own photos enhanced, contact me at:

We hope to see Bella back with us again sometime soon!















1 comment:

  1. Bet Bella had as much fun on vacation as her humans did...

    ReplyDelete